Across the Universe - Beth Revis

Synopsis:

A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder....

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, 300 years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end 50 years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

My Thoughts

The first three-quarters of this book is just so boring.  It took me forever to finish.  I even had to renew it at the end so I could finish it.

The story itself is also rather peculiar too.  I was at a loss as to how this was all going to come together in the end.   I want to say It read kind of youngish for me but then there are some situations that were not for young people at all.  There is a near rape that gets handled rather oddly, plus numerous mentions of sex.

But, in the end, it did come together and even made sense, in an odd, I'm out in deep space for too long, kind of way.  So, I bumped my 2.5 rating up to 3 stars.