Fragments: Partials, Book 2 - Dan Wells

--Dan Wells, Fragments (Partials Sequence #2)

Synopsis:

After discovering the cure for RM, Kira Walker sets off on a terrifying journey into the ruins of postapocalyptic America and the darkest desires of her heart in order to uncover the means—and a reason—for humanity's survival.

Dan Wells extends his richly imagined, gritty world and introduces new memorable characters in this second installment in the Partials Sequence.

My Thoughts:

I listened on Audio to this book with narration performed by Julia Whelan, which I have previously stated is my favorite female storyteller.   She's very good with multiple voices and accents.

I loved this book, loved it even more than the first book.  There were parts of Partials (Book #1) that were slow and tedious and I initially gave the book only 4 stars.  Then I later changed it too 5 stars, because I realized how much the story stuck with me.

In Fragments, I didn't really think this story was boring at all, although I read reviews where some people did.  It  did have a few slow sections but I just found them interesting and thought-provoking.  I felt they added to the story, rather than taking something away.  That's not to say there is no action, because there is plenty of nail-biting, breath holding in anticipation scenes in this installment of The Partials Sequence.

This series is shaping up to be one of my favorites.  It is so diverse, character wise and not just in ethnicity.  There is young, old, autistic, man-made (Partials), and humans of all shapes and sizes. It's all about "life finding a way".

One more thing; I just have to say...I LOVE the talking dogs...