Ruins - Dan Wells, Julia Whelan

My Initial Thoughts:

Awesome ending to an absorbing and captivating series.

Synopsis:

Kira, Samm, and Marcus fight to prevent a final war between Partials and humans in the gripping final installment in the Partials Sequence, a series that combines the thrilling action of The Hunger Games with the provocative themes of Blade Runner and The Stand.

There is no avoiding it—the war to decide the fate of both humans and Partials is at hand. Both sides hold in their possession a weapon that could destroy the other, and Kira Walker has precious little time to prevent that from happening. She has one chance to save both species and the world with them, but it will only come at great personal cost.

My Thoughts:

I listened to this whole series on audio, and it was awesomely done.  Especially the narration by Julia Whelan.   Maybe I would feel differently about this series if I had read it instead.  I'm not sure.

I love all the characters in this series.  While Marcus is probably my favorite, because no one does comic relief quite like him.  I also love Samm too, he is just so damn sweet and lovable.  I feel the best man won Kira's love in the end.

There are lots of great quotes in this book...

Love is when you find something so great, so… necessary, that it becomes more important to you than your own goals, than your own life - not because your life has no meaning without it, but because it gives your life a meaning it never had before.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Embrace your complexity, stretch your creativity, and live up to your potential, you are what makes the world great.

----------------------------------------------------------------

...but this one is my favorite...

“You don't apologize for this Samm, it's love, and love doesn't weigh it's options and pick the best one. Love just wants things and it doesn't know why, and it doesn't matter why, because love is the only explanation love needs.”

--Dan Wells, Ruins