The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer  - Michelle Hodkin

While I gave this book only 3.5 Stars, it did have some 5 Star (funny) quotes....

"Having everyone stare and wonder what sort of hijinks your vagina's been up to isn't as thrilling as one might imagine."

or...

"I'd hit that so hard whoever pulled me out would become the King of England."

and...

"I mean ass crown.  The crown on top of the asshat that covers the asshole of the assclown.  The very zenith in the hierarchy of asses."

...zeniths of asses get me every time.

Synopsis:

Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed.
There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.

My Thoughts:

I'm sort of all over the place on how I feel about this book.  The story confused me at times and most of the first half was to teenage-y for me.  The second half, storywise was much improved.  I felt more invested in the characters, so it's possible that I will continue with the series.  Which, may be mostly due to the cliff-hangery/story unfinished sort of ending.