Playing Games (A Games Novel) - Jessica Clare,  'Jill Myles'

Synopsis:

Katy Short doesn't want to be on The World Races. She’s not a social butterfly like her brother (and partner) Brodie. In fact, she’s just as happy to end up in last place as in first.

But when her brother makes a selfish move that pairs her up with silent and surly rock star Liam Brogan, everything in the race changes. Now Katy’s fighting to stay out of the Loser Lodge, just so she won’t have to suffer through all that alone time with Mr. Tall, Dark and Arrogant.

Except Liam? Kinda hot. He’s sexy, pierced… and not nearly as surly as she thought. There’s one good thing about a game with partners -- lots of one-on-one time…

This is book two of the Games novels, sexy contemporaries with a reality TV twist.

My Thoughts:

I thought this was exactly what it was suppose to be a quick, fun and sweet romantic read.  I read the first book in this series and liked it.  So, I figured I would give the second book a chance.

I really like the reality element in this series.  It is what drew me to the series in the first place. The first book is a Survivor take and I use to be a devoted Survivor viewer.  I only stopped when it just got to be repetitive.  The second book imitates the show "The Amazing Race", which I never actually watched, but I probably would have liked it if I had.

While being on short side at 184 pages it was still satisfying right down to the necessary HEA.  The kind of romance that just hits the spot.