Die for You - Lisa Unger

I listened to this on Audio with narration done by Ann Marie Lee.  She was not the best nor the worse I've heard. Just kind of meh...

Synopsis:

Isabel Raine thought she had everything–a successful career, a supportive family, and a happy marriage to the man she loved. Then one ordinary morning, her husband, Marcus, picks up his briefcase, kisses her good-bye, and simply vanishes.

That day, all her calls to him go straight to voice mail; the messages she leaves at his office go unreturned, too. Panicking after finally receiving a call from his cell phone in which all she can hear is a man’s terrified cry, Isabel calls the police. But they aren’t interested. Men leave, they tell her. They leave all the time. Desperate to find her husband, Isabel races to his office. But instead of finding him, she finds herself in the middle of an FBI raid. Hours later, she awakens in the hospital with a severe concussion and a homicide detective by her bedside waiting to question her about Marcus Raine–the real Marcus Raine.

Now the only thing Isabel knows for sure is that her husband of five years is gone. Where is he and who is he are questions no one seems able to answer. But Isabel will not rest until she discovers the truth about the man she loves, even if it means risking everything–including her own life.

Bestselling author Lisa Unger takes us on a nightmarish journey from bustling, glamorous New York City to the murky, twisted streets of Prague, seeking the answer to one bone-chilling question: What if the man you love, the one sleeping beside you, is a stranger?

My Thoughts:

I listened to this for a U author in a A to Z Author challenge.  This is not a genre that I usually read, that being said I might not be the best judge of this book.  Which is why I just went middle of the road and gave it 3 stars.

This book was too long and went on about things I don't think were necessary to the plot, unless this was suppose to be a story about family drama.  Because, there was a ton of that going on.  Even the synopsis is too long.

For the most part I believe it was fairly well written with one exception, at the start of each chapter it took a while to figure out whose head I was in.  A little clarification at the start of the chapter would have helped.

In the end I was left feeling like I really didn't care about these people or how things ended up for them.