Ice Country (The Country Saga Book 2) - David Estes

This is book #2 in the Country Saga by David Estes.  I love this whole combined series of Dwellers Saga and Country Saga.

Synopsis:

Dazz, a hard-edged, fun-loving Icer, likes fighting, particularly while at his favorite watering hole. However, while recovering from a particularly bad break up, his decision to engage in a brutal pubroom brawl leads to a series of events that thrust him into a dark and mysterious scandal involving King Goff, the ice country ruler.

When his sister is abducted in the dark of night, Dazz pledges to do whatever it takes to get her back, embarking on a quest that threatens to rip apart the very fabric that's barely holding his shattered family together.

Along the way he meets a group of unlikely allies in the form of a travelling group of fire country natives. Can Dazz, when joined with his best friend, Buff, and new tan-skinned friends, defeat the King and his guards before it's too late for his sister?

My Thoughts:

This was a first for David Estes, writing from a male perspective for an entire book; and I would say, while I didn't enjoy it as much as the first book Fire Country, I did really relish it.  David Estes has a way with words, they just flow off my e-reader; making me gasp or hold my breath, and of course making me laugh out loud.  His characters seem so real and down to earth...like someone you might know or at the very least someone you might like to know.

This book has lots of new characters and even some of the characters from Fire Country, like Sienna and Circ, and Starr too.  Dazz is the main character and Buff is his best friend and they are quite good at getting themselves into troubling situations.

In Fire Country we learn all about fire country and a hint of Ice Country.  In Ice Country we learn all about Ice Country and a hint about Water and Strom Country.  It is sweet being able to learn more about the different countries in this series.  The only element I feel is missing is how close all these "countries" are to each other.  Maybe, a map would be beneficial.  I would like a map...is there a map...hmmm...I don't know?  I looked on pinterest, but I couldn't find one.

It's now time for Water and Storm Country and I look forward to delving into that part of this dystopian world.  Then it's Earth Dwellers and summing up both series.  I'm for sure looking forward to seeing Adele, Tristan, Roc and Tawni, again.