Obsidian (A Lux Novel) (Entangled Teen) - Jennifer L. Armentrout

I think I avoided this book because I had lost my ability to suspend reality enough to connect with the paranormal genre in general.   A lot of them are just 'to out there' for me.  I finally convinced myself that I should give this series and this author a chance...

I was not disappointed.  Not at all.

Synopsis:

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

My Thoughts:

I loved the writing style of Jennifer L Armentrout, she made laugh, she also writes some pretty good sexual tension.  She made the insanely crazy sound plausible.  Her characters are multifaceted, complex and very enjoyable to read about.  Daemon, while exasperating is still so sweet at times and Katy (or Kitten as Daemon calls her, even though she asks him repeatedly not to) is funny and endearing.

From Katy's head:

I'd always avoided confrontation in the past, but this guy was flipping my bitch switch like nothing else.

----------

I thought people in small towns were supposed to be nice, not act like the son of Satan.

-----------

The day my Internet was hooked up was better than having a hot guy check out your butt and ask for my phone number.

-----------

This alien adventure is a fun, energetic read and I am actually currently reading the second book, Onyx.  As a side note, I love that all the titles start with an O, it helps me with all my crazy challenges I do.