Striking  - Lila Felix, Rachel Higginson

"I was twenty-one and exhausted with this life.  Bored to the point of destructive,  Cynical to the point of apathetic.  Exhausted to the point of...who cares?   I didn't.  I didn't care anymore."

--Lila Felix and Rachel Higginson, Striking.

Synopsis:

Can two hearts be forged into one?

Cami Montgomery stole a car and smashed it into the front of a building in upscale Beverly Hills after a lousy date with the epitome of sleaze balls. The worst part, her parents are following through on threats after this latest plea for attention. Banished from her L.A. paradise and plunged into the Appalachian Mountains with her industrious aunt and uncle, Cami is about to find out how precious life really is.

Stockton Wright has been thrust into a hard life. He sacrifices everything to give his family and community what they need. He’s exhausted from life and work—and he’s only twenty four. What he needs is some change, and some sunshine. Even he will agree to that. He just doesn’t expect to find it in a stuck up, pompous, entitled Californian.

Cami bursts into Stockton’s life like wildfire, consuming all his thoughts and tangling him in her web. What starts out as a contentious rivalry evolves into a desire neither of them expected. When hammer meets metal, will they crack under pressure or be forged as one?

Cami and Stockton might just end up being exactly what the other one needs, but first their love will have to be drawn out in fire.

My Thoughts:

The quote at the beginning is Cami when this story starts.  She has some growing up to do; and the mountains of Constance, Tennessee are going to attempt to help her to do just that.  Those and her Aunt and Uncle, and of course, Stockton (love his name, btw).  Cami also helps Stockton with a few of his demons too.

This is a quick, adorable read.  I love a good romance between two people who couldn't seem more wrong for each other.  I love to see them make it work despite their differences.  For me, this story was just that.