This Shattered World - Amie Kaufman,  Meagan Spooner

You don’t understand the unbearable beauty of being you.

--Amie Kaufman, This Shattered World

Synopsis:

Jubilee Chase and Flynn Cormac should never have met.

Lee is captain of the forces sent to Avon to crush the terraformed planet's rebellious colonists, but she has her own reasons for hating the insurgents.

Rebellion is in Flynn's blood. Terraforming corporations make their fortune by recruiting colonists to make the inhospitable planets livable, with the promise of a better life for their children. But they never fulfilled their promise on Avon, and decades later, Flynn is leading the rebellion.

Desperate for any advantage in a bloody and unrelentingly war, Flynn does the only thing that makes sense when he and Lee cross paths: he returns to base with her as prisoner. But as his fellow rebels prepare to execute this tough-talking girl with nerves of steel, Flynn makes another choice that will change him forever. He and Lee escape the rebel base together, caught between two sides of a senseless war

My Thoughts:

This book did not disappoint...It actually was pretty frickin' sweet.

I wondered, having known that this book was about two new "star-crossed lovers"; if we might get a little cameo at least of Tarver and Lilac, maybe, even a little peak into how they are doing.  Happily, there is and it did not disappoint either.

In This Shattered World we have two new characters to fall in love with, Jubilee, or Lee for short, and Flynn, or Romeo as he is called by...well...actually only Jubilee calls him Romeo.  I really loved them both and wondered how they would overcome all the obstacles in their way...which are plenty.

This futuristic world is entrancing and throw in the thrilling action, the splash of paranormal and this makes a most entertaining read or listen.  In which, the latter, is how I experienced this book.  Narration was done by different people; than the first book, and I really appreciated that.  It made Jubilee and Flynn stand out as different characters from Tarver and Lilac.  The Narrators, Callard Harris and Donnabella Mortel were completely new to me as well.  Having never had them as a narrator's before.  They both did an excellent job, so 5 stars for them.

If you haven't started this series yet, and you enjoy young adult...then you should!!!