Timebound - Rysa Walker

"Having your existence completely erased has to qualify as a life-changing event, by anyone's definition."

--Rysa Walker, Timebound.

Synopsis:

When Kate Pierce-Keller’s grandmother gives her a strange blue medallion and speaks of time travel, sixteen-year-old Kate assumes the old woman is delusional. But it all becomes horrifyingly real when a murder in the past destroys the foundation of Kate’s present-day life. Suddenly, that medallion is the only thing protecting Kate from blinking out of existence.

Kate learns that the 1893 killing is part of something much more sinister, and Kate’s genetic ability to time-travel makes her the only one who can stop him. Risking everything, she travels to the Chicago World’s Fair to try to prevent the killing and the chain of events that follows.

Changing the timeline comes with a personal cost, however—if Kate succeeds, the boy she loves will have no memory of her existence. And regardless of her motives, does she have the right to manipulate the fate of the entire world?

My Thoughts:

This was a very interesting start to a time-travel series, sort of reminded me of Quantum Leap, the TV show from the early 90's.

In the beginning of the story there is a lot of techy sort of explanations and theories about time traveling and screwing up history which leads to changing the future.  It sort of lost me and I found it hard to stay interested, but I hung in there and eventually it all clicked in to place.  And, ultimately I was so into this book that I couldn't put it down.  Hopefully, now that the complicated mumbo jumbo is set, the next book will be all awesomeness.

The interesting characters, the future, the history and the present are all so absorbing, I am looking forward to delving into this world even more.