The Sea of Tranquility - Katja Millay

This Book...was amazing...I loved it. I consumed it.  I couldn't stop listening to it.  It sucked me in.  I think I would even go so far as to say it's my most favorite book ever.

Synopsis:

I live in a world without magic or miracles. A place where there are no clairvoyants or shapeshifters, no angels or superhuman boys to save you. A place where people die and music disintegrates and things suck. I am pressed so hard against the earth by the weight of reality that some days I wonder how I am still able to lift my feet to walk.

Former piano prodigy Nastya Kashnikov wants two things: to get through high school without anyone learning about her past and to make the boy who took everything from her—her identity, her spirit, her will to live—pay.

Josh Bennett’s story is no secret: every person he loves has been taken from his life until, at seventeen years old, there is no one left. Now all he wants is be left alone and people allow it because when your name is synonymous with death, everyone tends to give you your space.

Everyone except Nastya, the mysterious new girl at school who starts showing up and won’t go away until she’s insinuated herself into every aspect of his life. But the more he gets to know her, the more of an enigma she becomes. As their relationship intensifies and the unanswered questions begin to pile up, he starts to wonder if he will ever learn the secrets she’s been hiding—or if he even wants to.

The Sea of Tranquility is a rich, intense, and brilliantly imagined story about a lonely boy, an emotionally fragile girl, and the miracle of second chances.

My Thoughts:

Well...I pretty much said everything about this at the opening.  I've never listened to a book on Audio that consumed me this much, I had to know what happened to Nastya.  I loved her, everything about her.  And then there is Josh, he is possibly the sweetest guy ever.  The whole thing with the pennies and the wishing fountain.  Brilliant.  These two characters are so wrecked, so damaged, that you can't help but root for them.  The supporting characters are all so genuine as well.   I loved them all.

This is so well written and sadly it is the only book she is written, I was hoping for something else to read by her.  I will definitely be looking for more by Katja Millay in the future.

Narration was done by Candace Thaxton and Kirby Heyborne and is very well done they became the voices of Nastya and Josh.