Confess: A Novel - Colleen Hoover

ughh...this book, I cannot decide how I want to rate it...

Synopsis:

Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…

My Thoghts:

Initially, I gave this 5 stars, but once I really thought about it I just couldn't give it that.  After thinking it over, I'm going to go with 4.3 Stars.

My Coho fix started with Hopeless, and I thought she's pretty good, I need to read some more by her.   I loved, and I mean really loved Maybe Someday.  It's easily one of my top five books ever.  Ugly Love, while good; did have some sketchy parts, but overall I really liked it.  Confess...well I devoured it, I always do with any CoHo book.  She has a way with words, they just flow off the pages.   I also love the unique aspects she puts into her books, like the music in Maybe Someday and the art in Confess.  I'm still working on reading Slammed, which has poetry.

They were some really interesting aspects to this book, that I did enjoy.  His paintings/confessions or maybe I should say confessions/paintings.   The secret that Auburn has, Owen Cat, and of course, the tent.  The ending just seemed rushed and really, so did the rest of the book.  I think I just needed more "getting to know you" time from Owen and Auburn.

I listened to this on Audio, with narration by Elizabeth Louise and Sebastian York.  They did a commendable job and I'm not disappointed that I listened on Audio, rather than reading.  For some reason I thought I might be, maybe, because I consider CoHo to be one of my favorite authors.