Grift - Jason Mosberg, Rika Drea

While I discovered this book in a odd way, at least odd for me; I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Synopsis:

Why would a 17-year-old girl pretend to be a prostitute?

Piper is a con artist whose canvas is the city of Las Vegas. She rolls with a crew of young grifters including a card-counting genius, a tourist-hustling pool shark, and a pocket-picking magician. Together, this crew of teenage outlaws live with their mentor Max in the penthouse of a hotel casino. They work hard and play harder. But unlike the others, Piper must balance her hyper-real Vegas fantasy with the reality of raising her 14-year-old half-sister Sophie. Disaster strikes when the Las Vegas mafia kidnaps Sophie and demands a multimillion-dollar ransom. With only five days to piece together the money, the crew races the clock to save her.

My Thoughts:

I was sent a message by someone I do not know on Goodreads.  The message was sort of like a chain letter (which I despise), except there was no "your going to have bad luck" if you don't send this on kind of crap.  He said he picked me because I liked Dangerous Girls, supposedly.  The whole thing was kind of shady, but I still checked the book out and I was intrigued by the synopsis.  I looked it up on the Amazon and it was only 99 cents, so I read a sample and I was hooked.

I think I was in the mood for something different and the backdrop of Las Vegas was just what I needed.  Learning about the cons that they pull on unsuspecting tourists in "The City That Never Sleeps" was fascinating.  And, the fact that they are all done by kids is really cool.

Well written with only a few typos and misused words, this book captivated me and I would recommend this to anyone who finds themselves intrigued by the synopsis.