The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) - Richelle Mead

"It’s Adrian Ivashkov logic. Don’t try to understand it. Just roll with it.”

--Richelle Mead, The Fiery Heart.

Synopsis:

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.

The Good:

Adrian, of course, is awesome.  He is really growing as a person, and as a boyfriend as well.  Sydney, also is changing for the better, she has come a long way since VA.

The Not So Good:

This one was kind of slow at first and didn't pick up until the last quarter or so, it didn't hold my interest very well, which has been what most of the Bloodlines Series has been like for me...except Indigo Spell (which I really liked the whole way through).  I may have upped the star rating by at least a half a star, just because it's Richelle Mead., and a VA spin-off series.   I just wish there was more action, and no, Adrian getting drunk does not constitute action :P

...And then there is that ending.  Let's hope Silver Shadows is more satisfying.