Everbound: An Everneath Novel, Book 2 - Amy Rubinate, Brodi Ashton

Book Title:  Everbound

Author:  Brodi Ashton

Narration:  Amy Rubinate

Series:  Everneath #2

☆☆Why I picked that quote:  I think it sums up the real reason why Nikki should be with Jack.☆☆

My Rating:

Plot:   4/5

Characters:  3.5/5 Nikki is still annoying, but getting better.

Theme:  3/5

Flow:  4/5

Originality:  4/5 This has been my first series with mythology.

Book Cover:  4/5 Not as pretty as Everneath...but I do like the smoke.

The Feels:  Not really.

Ending:  4.5/5  Cliffhanger:  Yes, most definitely!

Overall Rating:  3.8 Stars

Synopsis:

Nikki Beckett could only watch as her boyfriend, Jack, sacrificed himself to save her, taking her place in the Tunnels of the Everneath for eternity — a debt that should’ve been hers. She’s living a borrowed life, and she doesn’t know what to do with the guilt. And every night Jack appears in her dreams, lost and confused and wasting away.

Desperate for answers, Nikki turns to Cole, the immortal bad boy who wants to make her his queen — and the one person least likely to help. But his heart has been touched by everything about Nikki, and he agrees to assist her in the only way he can: by taking her to the Everneath himself.

Nikki and Cole descend into the Everneath, only to discover that their journey will be more difficult than they’d anticipated — and more deadly. But Nikki vows to stop at nothing to save Jack — even if it means making an incredible sacrifice of her own.

In this enthralling sequel to Everneath, Brodi Ashton tests the bonds of destiny and explores the lengths we’ll go to for the ones we love

My Thoughts:

A solid follow-up to Everneath, with the same hauntingly mesmerizing narration from Amy Rubinate as was with the first book.  I did find myself just drifting onto other thoughts while listening to this, though.  Almost, like it was too mesmerizing.  There is a lot more action is this book and that made the listenting of it go by very quickly.

That ending was a cliffhanger crazy, but it makes me want to read the final book just a little more.