Dangerous Boys - Abigail Haas

Book Title:  Dangerous Boys

Author:   Abigail Haas

Stand-Alone:  Yes.  Despite the similar name to another one of her other novels (Dangerous Girls).

Why I picked that quote:  It encompasses the theme of the book perfectly.❃❃

My Rating::

Plot:  4.5/5

Characters: 4/5

Theme: 4.8/5  For it's darkness.

Flow: 4.8/5

Originality: 5/5  Unlike anything I ever read.  The author has a unique way of telling the story.

Book Cover: 4.8/5  Who doesn't love fireworks?

The Feels: 4.2/5 Just more of a dark feel, though.

Ending:  4/5  Cliffhanger:  N/A

Overall Rating:  4.5/5 Stars

Synopsis:

Three teens venture into the abandoned Monroe estate one night; hours later, only two emerge from the burning wreckage. Chloe drags one Reznick brother to safety, unconscious and bleeding; the other is left to burn, dead in the fire. But which brother survives? And is his death a tragic accident? Desperate self-defense? Or murder?

Chloe is the only one with the answers. As the fire rages, and police and parents demand the truth, she struggles to piece together the story of how they got there-a story of jealousy, twisted passion, and the darkness that lurks behind even the most beautiful of faces…

My Thoughts:

I believe I expected this to be more mind blowing than it actually was, I led myself to believe it would take me by surprise in the same way Dangerous Girls did.    Really, because of that I was always thinking in the back of mind what the horrific twist would be.  While some aspects of it were a surprise, I did mostly guess it.

It was still an interesting read, that completely held my interest throughout it's entirety.  I would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys YA with a mystery to it.