Nearly Gone - Elle Cosimano

Book Title:   Nearly Gone

Author:   Elle Cosimano

Series:  Nearly Gone #1

Why I picked that quote:  I forgot to highlight any while reading it and that was best one from goodreads.❖❖

My Rating:

Plot:  4   Kept me guessing all the way to the end.

Characters:  4.5  Complex and unique (Unique--a nice word for odd...sometimes I like odd.)

Theme:  4.5/5

Flow:  3.8/5 Few issues here...nothing major.

Originality:  4.5/5 For sure different than what I've been reading lately.

Book Cover:  5/5 Part creepy, part dirty.  Gritty.

The Feels:  3.8/5 Just because your kind of geeky doesn't mean you don't want a boy to like you.

Ending:   5/5  Cliffhanger:  No

Overall Rating:  4.5/5 Stars

Synopsis:

Nearly Boswell knows how to keep secrets. Living in a DC trailer park, she knows better than to share anything that would make her a target with her classmates. Like her mother's job as an exotic dancer, her obsession with the personal ads, and especially the emotions she can taste when she brushes against someone's skin. But when a serial killer goes on a killing spree and starts attacking students, leaving cryptic ads in the newspaper that only Nearly can decipher, she confides in the one person she shouldn't trust: the new guy at school—a reformed bad boy working undercover for the police, doing surveillance. . . on her.

Nearly might be the one person who can put all the clues together, and if she doesn't figure it all out soon—she'll be next.

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this book, but after I was finished reading it, I went on Goodreads and seen such bad reviews for it.  One in particular made me question whether it was really as good as I thought it was.  Which, in turn, made me upset.  I know...I know I shouldn't do that, though...I should know that everyone likes and dislikes a book for their own reasons.  So...yeah, I liked it, Damn it...

I did see more than one person say something about how their isn't any Trailer Parks in the DC area...for one, who cares (it's a made-up story) and two, how do they know for sure their isn't any...I mean, they like to hide those kinds of places behind a bunch a trees and sh*t.

So yeah, in closing, now that I'm done with my rant, I was thoroughly entertained by this young adult Sci-fi/Mystery.