Envy: A Luxe Novel - Anna Godbersen, Nina Siemaszko

❖❖Why I picked that quote:  It's wicked cool.  Very 1900's❖❖

My Rating:

Plot:   4/5

Characters:  4.8/5

Theme:  3/5  Hopefully in the end the "message" will be that it never pays to be a gold digger.

Flow:  4/5

Originality:  4.8/5  I've never read anything quite like this.  Like a kind of Historical Soap Opera.

Book Cover:  4/5  Pretty dresses galore for this series.

The Feels:  4/5  I mostly  felt anger towards Penelope.  Love to hate her.

Narration:  3/5 I swear she pronounces a lot of words incorrectly.  It's unnerving.

Ending:   4/5  Cliffhanger:   Yes,  Amazingly Henry steps up...sorry little spoilerish.

Overall Rating: 4.2/5 Stars

Synopsis:

Jealous whispers.

Old rivalries.

New betrayals.

Two months after Elizabeth Holland's dramatic homecoming, Manhattan eagerly awaits her return to the pinnacle of society. When Elizabeth refuses to rejoin her sister Diana's side, however, those watching New York's favorite family begin to suspect that all is not as it seems behind the stately doors of No. 17 Gramercy Park South.

Farther uptown, Henry and Penelope Schoonmaker are the city's most celebrated couple. But despite the glittering diamond ring on Penelope's finger, the newlyweds share little more than scorn for each other. And while the newspapers call Penelope's social-climbing best friend, Carolina Broad, an heiress, her fortune—and her fame—are anything but secure, especially now that one of society's darlings is slipping tales to the eager press.

In this next thrilling installment of Anna Godbersen's bestselling Luxe series, Manhattan's most envied residents appear to have everything they desire: Wealth. Beauty. Happiness. But sometimes the most practiced smiles hide the most scandalous secrets...

My Thoughts:

I do believe I liked Envy better than Rumors.  It was scandalous, yet adventurous.  Carolina or Lina was infinitely more likable and Penelope was...well, a bitch, to say the least.  Diana surprised me and Elizabeth, well Elizabeth...I feel kind of sad for her.

Oh yeah, Henry is a dumb ass...but there may be hope for him yet.

Sadly, reviews for Book #4, Splendor have me worried though, it doesn't seem like many people liked it.  :(