Free to Fall - Lauren   Miller

Book Title:   Free To Fall

Author:  Lauren Miller

Series:  N/A

❖ ❖ Why I chose that quote:  This book is all about are "connectedness"  and what could become of it. ❖ ❖

My Rating:

Plot:  5/5  It slowly crept up on me until I couldn't put it down.

Characters:  4.8/5  By the end I realized they fit perfectly for the story.

Theme:  5/5  We should not let our Tech be too ingrained in our lives.

Flow:  4.5/5  Started a little slow, but the build-up was worth it in the end.

Originality:  5/5

Book Cover:  4.8/5

The Feels:  4.5/5  The romance was there, but it was on back-burner most of time.  I wouldn't have minded a little more in that area.

Ending:   5/5   Cliffhanger:  Stand-Alone

Overall Rating:  4.8/5 Stars

Synopsis:

What if there was an app that told you what song to listen to, what coffee to order, who to date, even what to do with your life—an app that could ensure your complete and utter happiness?

What if you never had to fail or make a wrong choice?

What if you never had to fall?

Fast-forward to a time when Apple and Google have been replaced by Gnosis, a monolith corporation that has developed the most life-changing technology to ever hit the market: Lux, an app that flawlessly optimizes decision making for the best personal results.

Just like everyone else, sixteen-year-old Rory Vaughn knows the key to a happy, healthy life is following what Lux recommends. When she’s accepted to the elite boarding school Theden Academy, her future happiness seems all the more assured. But once on campus, something feels wrong beneath the polished surface of her prestigious dream school.

Then she meets North, a handsome townie who doesn’t use Lux, and begins to fall for him and his outsider way of life. Soon, Rory is going against Lux’s recommendations, listening instead to the inner voice that everyone has been taught to ignore — a choice that leads her to uncover a truth neither she nor the world ever saw coming.

My Thoughts:

This book was phenomenal, the mystery, the splash of romance, the characters and it's overall message.   The one thing that bothered me, was the characters seemed older than high school age.  That's really a minor detail, though.