Shadows - Paula Weston

Book Title: Shadows

Author:  Paula Weston

Series:  The Rephaim #1

❖❖Why I picked that quote:  It made me laugh.  Oh yeah, there's a lot of swearing in this book, but a lot of words are the English version.  No one I know calls anyone an arsehole, but they sure do in this book.❖❖

My Rating

Plot:  3.6/5  Maybe things should have been put in a different order.  I'm not sure, I just know I wanted something more.

Characters:  3/5  I had a hard time connecting with them, and didn't really do so until the last quarter of the book.

Theme:  3.7/5

Flow:  3.7/5   Conversations were hard to follow.

Originality:  3.2/5   I've personally not read very many Angel books, but I know it's been done a lot.

Book Cover:  3.5/5 This new cover is definitely better than the original one.

The Feels:  2.7/5  A little lacking.

Ending:  3.5/5  I would have liked it to be a little longer.  Parts of it were good.   Cliffhanger:  for sure a "to be continued".

Overall Rating:  3.4/5

Will I continue the series:  Maybe

Synopsis:

It’s almost a year since Gaby Winters was in the car crash that killed her twin brother, Jude. Her body has healed in the sunshine of Pandanus Beach, but her grief is raw and constant. It doesn’t help that every night in her dreams she kills demons and other hell-spawn.

And then Rafa comes to town. Not only does he look exactly like the guy who’s been appearing in Gaby’s dreams—he claims a history with her brother that makes no sense. Gaby is forced to accept that what she thought she knew about herself and her life is only a shadow of the truth—and that the truth is more likely to be found in the shadows of her nightmares.

Who is Rafa? Who are the Rephaim? And most importantly, who can she trust?

My Thoughts:

I think I read somewhere that this was a good book to try if I enjoyed Angelfall (Pennryn and the End of Days).  I don't think it really even compares to Angelfall.  But, that is probably what makes Angelfall so good, because there is nothing quite like it.

It has it's good points and it's not so good points.  I feel for the most part, that it wasn't enough story for me.  I don't know if I got enough from it to want to continue.