Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) - Moira Young

Book Title:  Blood Red Road

Author:  Moira Young

Narration:  Heather Lind

Series: Dust Lands #1

❖❖Why I picked that quote:  Saba's got spunk, and so does Jack, and Emmi, Tommo and even Ike.  Seriously, they all do...the character's in this book really shine, and I think they stole my heart away.❖❖

My Rating

Plot:   5/5  There is always something going on.  It was sort of long, but it never felt that way.

Characters:  5/5  They are so multi-layered.

Theme:  5/5

Flow:  4/5   This book is written in a unique way that not everyone would like.

Originality:  4/5  Very Mad Max feel to this.  It has land boats...

Book Cover:  4/5  I find it confusing that the Series name is bigger than the title of the book.

The Feels:  5/5

Narration:  5/5  She has so many crazy voices she can do.  She is one the best I've heard.

Ending:     4.7/5  Cliffhanger:  No, not exactly, but this has two more books in the series.

Overall Rating:  4.7/5

Will I continue the series:  Yes! I just have to get my library to get the audio versions of them.

Synopsis:

Saba lives in Silverlake, a wasteland ravaged by constant sandstorms where her family scavenge from landfills left by the long-gone Wrecker civilization. After four cloaked horsemen kidnap her beloved twin brother Lugh, she teams up with daredevil Jack and the Free Hawks, a girl gang of Revolutionaries.

Saba learns that she is a fierce fighter, an unbeatable survivor, and a cunning opponent. And she has the power to take down a corrupt society from the inside. Saba and her new friends stage a showdown that change the course of her civilization.

My Thoughts:

I decided, because of other reviews I read pertaining to this book, that I wanted to listen to this on Audio.  In hopes that the unique writing style would not deter me from enjoying this book.  It worked...I loved it.

It's funny, even reading through the quotes on Goodreads, it just wasn't the same as listening to it.  If you're on the fence about reading this, try it on Audio.

Saba is one of the most interesting characters I have read in a dystopian, she's not perfect and she knows it, she's more like a work in progress.  She's flawed, feisty and she can definitely kick some ass.  Jack is funny and rather loveable and really gets Saba going sometimes.  They are quite sweet together.  Hopefully, in the second book, I will get to know Lugh more.