End Of Days - Susan Ee

Book Title:  End Of Days

Author:  Susan Ee

Series:  Penryn and the End of Days #3

Why did I pick this quote:  Raffe, his wings, and no shirt...need I say more?

My Rating

Plot:   6/5  Fantastic, I especially love the sojourn to the "The Pit".

Characters:   6/5  All of them are quite amazing in their own way.  Refreshingly honest.  Quirky and outstanding.

Theme:    5/5

Flow:  5/5

Originality:  6/5  One of the most original series ever.

Book Cover:  5/5  Awesome!

The Feels:  5/5  Super Awesome!

Ending:      6/5.   Probably one of the best endings to a series, ever.  Cliffhanger:    No

Overall Rating:  6+ Stars or all the Stars...

Will I continue the series:  :(...this is the last one.

Synopsis:

End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy.

After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?

My Thoughts:

I first found Angelfall when I had just received my kindle for Christmas, I was browsing the kindle book store, randomly clicking on interesting book covers.  That cover with it's simple butterfly, which turned out to be angel wings, really drew me in; especially once I read the synopsis.  (I had never read a book about angels before) It was only 99 cents and I was reluctant to buy something I knew nothing about.  I hadn't yet discovered goodreads at that time.  I said screw it.  It was only a dollar, I one-clicked it and started reading it right away.  I was about a half way through when I realized this was a really good investment.

It was so refreshing and original that I was instantly hooked, and then I waited for-ev-er for World After.  I decided that Susan Ee must really take the time to get her story just right, and that is why we have to wait so long for the next installments.

I was both saddened and elated when my pre-order showed up on my kindle at about 3:00 AM on the morning of May 12th.  I was working 3rd shift that week and I was able to start reading it on my lunch that night. Sad because it was the last one and elated that it was finally going to get it's ending.

End of Days so did not disappoint.  It was totally worth the wait.  I took my time reading it because I didn't want it to end to soon.  As I got towards the end though I couldn't put it down.  If you haven't read this series yet, you need to just do it, already.

I just have one question for Susan Ee...What are you writing next?  :D