Ten Tiny Breaths - K.A. Tucker

Book Title:  Ten Tiny Breaths

Author:  K.A. Tucker

Series:   Ten Tiny Breaths #1

❖❖Why I picked that quote:  Well i debated between that one and another one, this one just summed up Kacey--not only is she crazy but she's really funny.  The other one was..."What if he's a psychopath who tries to stuff kittens in ATM's?"...when it came down to it I couldn't name my post that.❖❖

My Rating

Plot:   5/5  Such a sad back story.

Characters:  5/5  Loved them all.  Even Trent with his slightly totally stalkerish actions.

Theme:  5/5  PTSD…it comes in all kinds of forms.

Flow:  5/5  It was seriously hard to put down.

Originality:  4.5/5

Book Cover:   4.7/5  It goes well with the story.

The Feels:  5/5  They were constant and I may have cried some fat, ugly tears near the end.

Ending:    5/5  Cliffhanger:  No, all the rest of the books in series are other people's stories.

Overall Rating:  5/5

Will I continue the series:  Yes, already have them on my wishlist on my library site.

Synopsis:

Just breathe, Kacey. Ten tiny breaths. Seize them. Feel them. Love them.

Four years ago Kacey Cleary’s life imploded when her car was hit by a drunk driver, killing her parents, boyfriend, and best friend. Still haunted by memories of being trapped inside, holding her boyfriend’s lifeless hand and listening to her mother take her last breath, Kacey wants to leave her past behind. Armed with two bus tickets, twenty-year-old Kacey and her fifteen-year-old sister, Livie, escape Grand Rapids, Michigan, to start over in Miami. Struggling to make ends meet, Kacey needs to figure out how to get by. But Kacey’s not worried. She can handle anything—anything but her mysterious neighbor in apartment 1D.

Trent Emerson has smoldering blue eyes, deep dimples, and he perfectly skates that irresistible line between nice guy and bad boy. Hardened by her tragic past, Kacey is determined to keep everyone at a distance, but their mutual attraction is undeniable and Trent is determined to find a way into Kacey’s guarded heart—even if it means that an explosive secret could shatter both their worlds.

My Thoughts:

When I first read the synopsis for this book, I was drawn to it because of the mention of Grand Rapids, MI, I live very near to there.  Sadly, only awful things happened to the Cleary sisters in MI though.   Things that have left Kacey scarred, both physically and mentally.  This story is about Love and the power that it has to heel you, if you let it.

KA Tucker wrote a story that I cared about, and for that I will doubtless be reading more by her in the future, I should of started sooner.