Here's To Falling - Christine Zolendz

Book Title:  Here's To Falling

Author:  Christine Zolendz

Series:  Stand Alone

Source:  I Own on Kindle

✧✧Why I chose that quote:  The things this man says about "a girl who reads" will just melt your heart.  That is only part of it.  There's more...."Then, to comfort her, I'd kiss the fucking hell out of her lips, make her want to read a book that I was the main character in.  Be a man worth immortalizing with words."✧✧

Overall Rating4.8/5

Breakdown of Rating

Plot:  4.5/5 Sweet and endearing, yet down and dirty.  It literally had it all.

Characters:  5/5  They seem so real.

Theme:   4.8/5

Flow:  4.5/5  a little glitchy in places.  It could use a little more editing.

Originality:  4.8/5  It's difficult to rate originality on a n/a romance,  but this was a really genuine story, especially the flashbacks to their childhood.  I loved those.

Book Cover: 4/5

The Feels:  5/5...this book wrecked me.

Ending:    5/5   Cliffhanger:  No

Synopsis:

We were all friends…until we weren’t.
We depended on each other…until we couldn’t.
We were in love…until we were ripped apart.
We moved on…even when we didn’t want to let go.

This is our love story.

**This standalone novel contains material that some may find disturbing. Intended for mature readers only.
***TRIGGER WARNING!

My Thoughts:

My favorite part about this book is the flashbacks to their childhood, Charlie is one helluva spunky girl; who loves to read and eat ice cream for dinner.  One day her father leaves them for greener pastures or something like that and then her Mom basically checks out from that day on.  Charlotte (Charlie) is left to her own defenses, along with her two best friends Joey and Jase.  Their adventures will surely put a smile on your face.

I can't really say to much more without giving stuff away.  If you love a romance that will have you crying and smiling at the same time, then this is the one.

Thank you, Christine for keeping it real.