If I Lie - Corrine Jackson

Book Title:  If I Lie

Author:  Corrine Jackson

Series:  Stand Alone

Source:  Kindle Book (Library)

✧✧Why I picked that quote:  It encompasses the true essence of this story.✧✧

Overall Rating:   5/5

Breakdown of Rating✧

• Plot:   5/5  The pacing is perfect, it gives just enough and slowly reveals the story in it's entirety.
  • Characters:   5/5 They were flawed and so very real.  George is my favorite character.
  • Theme:   5/5
  • Flow:   5/5  Superbly written.
  • Originality:   5/5
  • Book Cover:   4/5   It's not bad.
  • The Feels:  5/5  I was so angry yet saddened on Quinn/Sophie's behalf.
  • Ending:     5/5   Cliffhanger:   No

Synopsis:

A powerful debut novel about the gray space between truth and perception.

Quinn’s done the unthinkable: she kissed a guy who is not Carey, her boyfriend. And she got caught. Being branded a cheater would be bad enough, but Quinn is deemed a traitor, and shunned by all of her friends. Because Carey’s not just any guy—he’s serving in Afghanistan and revered by everyone in their small, military town.

Quinn could clear her name, but that would mean revealing secrets that she’s vowed to keep—secrets that aren’t hers to share. And when Carey goes MIA, Quinn must decide how far she’ll go to protect her boyfriend…and her promise.

My Thoughts:

Quinn/Sophie is one resilient girl, the crap she deals with to keep this secret are astounding.  I would not have survived it.  If the synopsis turns you away from wanting to read this, because of mention of cheating then that is sad because it's about so much more than that.  It's about loyalty and perseverance and finding yourself.