Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles #1) - Kresley Cole

Book Title:  Poison Princess

Author:  Kresley Cole

Narration:  Emma Galvin & Keith Nobbs

Series:  Arcana Chronicles

Genre:  YA/NA, Paranormal Romance, Apocalypse.

Source:  MP3 Audiobook (Library)

✧✧Why I picked that quote:  This was said by Evie's best friend, whose name I don't remember because her part was so short lived.  She is one of the best character's in the book, aside from Finn.✧✧

Overall Rating:  3.7/5

Breakdown of Rating✧

• Plot:  4/5
  • Characters:  3.5/5  They improved as story progressed, both Jack and Evie.
  • Theme:  3/5
  • Flow:  3.8/5  At the beginning it was more like a 3, I was continuously lost, but it improved as the book progressed.
  • Originality:  5/5  I've never read anything about Tarot Cards and I think I've become curious to see where this is going.
  • Book Cover:  3.7/5 for the version I had (Seriously that hair!).  4.5/5 for the newer version.
  • The Feels:  4/5
  • Sex Factor:  A little risque for something considered YA.
  • Narration:  5/5 for Emma. Excellent...her voices for each individual characters are spot on.  Keith only had minimal parts, but he did good job, he creeped me out sufficiently.
  • Ending:   4.3/5  Cliffhanger:  more like a "to be continued..."

Will I continue the series:  Yeah, I think so.

Synopsis:

She could save the world—or destroy it.

Sixteen-year-old Evangeline "Evie" Greene leads a charmed life, until she begins experiencing horrifying hallucinations. When an apocalyptic event decimates her Louisiana hometown, Evie realizes her hallucinations were actually visions of the future—and they're still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux.

But she can't do either alone.

With his mile-long rap sheet, wicked grin, and bad attitude, Jack is like no boy Evie has ever known. Even though he once scorned her and everything she represented, he agrees to protect Evie on her quest. She knows she can't totally depend on Jack. If he ever cast that wicked grin her way, could she possibly resist him?

Who can Evie trust?

As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophesy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of twenty-two teens has been chosen to reenact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it's not always clear who is on which side.

My Thoughts:

This is my first book by Kresley Cole and If i had read this instead of listening on Audio, I don't think I could have gotten through it.  There is a lot of French being spoken and I'm horrible at French pronunciations.  With audio, that was taken care of.  In fact, Emma Galvin, took care of it really well.

Evie is very childish and rather clueless in the beginning of the book, but as the story progresses she starts maturing and becomes actually somewhat likable.  In the end, she does some ass kicking and that notches up her likability too.  She does stay fairly stubborn throughout the whole book, though.  Their is a point where too much stubbornness gets tedious in a story, and you find yourself screaming at them in frustration.  While Jack is a serious bad-ass; he does have some anger issues that he really needs to work on.  If he hadn't come clean at the end with Evie, I don't think I would find too much that was redeeming in him.