Paper Towns by Green, John (2009) Paperback - John Green

Author:  John Green

Series:  Stand Alone

Genre:  Young Adult

Source:  I Own Kindle

Why I picked that quote:  Hmmm, because it's freaking awesome.  Ben (the one who said this) is super funny, drunk or sober.  And, yeah he was very inebriated when he said this.  There is plenty of good quotes in this book...

"Margo always loved mysteries.  And in everything that came afterward, I could never stop thinking that maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one."

...which encompasses the story very well, but I think they use that one in the movie trailer.

Overall Rating:  5/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot:  5/5
  • Characters:  5/5  From serious to funny, eccentric to sensible, these characters are multi-faceted and well crafted.
  • Theme:  4.8/5
  • Flow:  5/5
  • Originality:  5/5
  • Book Cover:  4.5/5
  • The Feels:  5/5  Had me laughing out loud throughout.
  • Sex Factor:  talk of it
  • Ending:     4.8/5.  Cliffhanger:  No

Will I read more from this Author:  Quite possibly.  I read this book because I seen the trailer for it at the theater, and thought it looked good.

Synopsis:

Who is the real Margo?

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues—and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew...

My Thoughts:

Margo Roth Spiegelman is an enigma, especially for Quentin.  He is determined to figure out what happened to her and why.  This is quite the adventure, from Quentin and Margo's night of craziness; all the way to that crazy non-stop roller coaster of a road-trip they take to find her.   It's about that last year of high school and what it means to a person when they realize it's all about to come to an end.  It is a coming of age story and a mystery rolled into one.  It is heartfelt and hilariously funny.

It is all these things and more...and it made me smile.