Reckless - Skye Jordan

Narration:  Piper Goodeve

Series:  Renegades #1

Genre:  Contemporary Romance, Sex-plicit

Source:  I own Audible Immersion

✧✧Why I picked that quote...or I should say; that particular sentence from the book, well...it's all about the artistry.  Yeah the artistry.  :) ✧✧

Overall Rating:  4.3/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating✧

• Plot:  3.8/5  I know that I tend to say that sex is not  a plot, but for this book, it is, well, it mostly is; and it works, works well actually.  As long as you take it for what it is.  A sexually driven love story.
  • Characters:  4.8/5  I love the witty banter between Lexi and Ruby and between Jax and Wes, it pulled me into the story perfectly.
  • Theme:  4/5
  • Flow:  5/5
  • Originality:  4/5
  • Book Cover:  5/5
  • The Feels:  4.3/5
  • Sex Factor:  Very Sexually explicit, but they were HOT sex scenes...
  • Narration:  5/5  She read those sex scenes like a champ.
  • Ending:    4.5/5   Cliffhanger:  No

Will I continue the series:  Most likely.

Synopsis:

A couture wedding dress designer to the rich and famous, Lexi LaCroix’s image means everything. But crossing paths with a sexier-than-sin, bad-boy biker makes Lexi realize how much living she’s sacrificed for her success and one touch is all it takes to threaten her carefully choreographed life. When that touch fills far more than just Lexi’s physical needs, she finds herself torn between the career she needs and the bad-boy she craves.

Jax Chamberlin gave up the superficial life of acting for the thrill of running his own stunt company years ago. But a recent betrayal proves he’s still too close to the limelight to find a woman who doesn’t plan to use him as a stepping-stone to success. When the charming and mysterious Lexi offers him a totally anonymous hook-up during an out of town trip, Jax accepts. Only Lexi is more sextacular than charming, and Jax wants more.

But Lexi’s got a major hang-up over his renegade lifestyle, and Jax isn’t willing to change his ways. Especially not when he discovers who she really is. Because if she finds out his connections could catapult her to the top of her career, he’s afraid the fantasy woman he’s falling for might just end up like all the other gold-diggers. And this time, it’s not just his bad-boy reputation at risk, but his heart, too.

My Thoughts:

If you like a HEA with some smoking hot sex, then you will definitely love this.  There is some story there and while it may have been a little predictable at times, the banter between the characters really is engaging.  And, oh yeah...Jax is seriously hot...

The following paragraph is a rant...and not intended for young or impressionable ears...

It's was refreshing to find an Author who knows that a woman can have more than one orgasm.  It seriously pisses me off when they write a sex scene where the man tells the woman she can't get off until he does.  You should always go for two, but three or more is what every man should strive for. ;P