Beneath the Cape: The Superhero Anthology: Benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project - Magan Vernon, Cheryl McIntyre, Angela  McPherson, Sunniva Dee, Laura Thalassa, D. Nichole King, Lynn Vroman, Christine Zolendez

Book Title: Beneath The Cape: A Superhero Anthology (7 Stories)

Genre: Romance, New Adult, Superhero

Source: I own Kindle

Book Cover: 4/5 Stars.  It's decent, but it should have been extraordinary, to make it stand out more.

Overall Anthology Rating:  4/5 Stars. This compilation is done for an awesome cause and that alone makes it worth the buy.  While some stories are totally worth the read; some I feel are skip-able.

Here is my breakdown:

Story #1 Title: Reaping Angels

Author: Laura Thalassa

BlurbThe Executioner’s touch can kill.
Angel’s can heal.
A villain and a hero. One who stood for death, and the other for life. Mortal enemies until the impossible happened.
A touch.
A kiss.
And now, a manhunt.

Overall Rating: 4.2/5 Stars.  The first story and one of the best.  No cliffhanger ending on this one.  Well written and worth the read.  A cute little superhero story, with interesting and hip characters.

Story #2 Title: Cat Love

Author: Sunniva Dee

BlurbA sexy thriller about the animal in all of us.
Aidan uses his superpower to stabilize minds at the Hollyreed Specialist Hospital. Ulani uses hers to chase rats on rooftops. Until she’s caught and deposited in Aidan’s care.
At the hospital, Aidan finds Ulani's room empty—save for a cat, whose fur retracts in favor of silky skin and a vamp-gorgeous femme fatale.
Aidan’s obsession with Ulani grows, while patients go missing.
Making the couple use their powers to bring criminals to justice.

Overall Rating: 1 Star. Not only does this end on a total cliffhanger.  There is nothing that pulls me into these characters lives. They were eye-rollingly lame. I felt this was absurd.  I could have happily skipped this one.

Story #3 Title: Gypsy Love

Author: Angela Mc Pherson & Lynn Vroman

BlurbFor two hundred years, Adrian vowed to seek revenge against the Gypsy woman who bound his spirit for eternity.
Until her.
The one man Mia wants only exists in dreams.
Until he doesn’t.
The curse may be broken, but not without a price.
One love must end for another to begin.

Overall Rating: 3/5 Stars.  Not really a cliffhanger, but I believe they are continuing the series.  While this was well written, it just didn't capture my attention enough to compel me to continue with the series.  I just wasn't feeling the whole Gypsy thing it had going on.

Story #4 Title: The Only Difference

Author: Megan Vernon

BlurbThe Only Difference between a hero and a villain is what they do with their power.
Leonel "Short Stack" Garcia-Shapiro's life changed the night he decided to stop one of his fraternity brothers from taking advantage of a girl. Now he can't stop thinking of that girl and how he can save her.

This story is so short, I don't feel I can rate it.  It was more like the beginning to a story, and not an interesting one either.  I could have happily skipped this one too.

Story #5 Title: Heroes

Author: Christine Zolendz

BlurbKelly Black can’t believe she’ll be the new teaching assistant to Alexander Masters. The Alexander Masters—the head of the entire biology department. As soon as they begin to work together sparks fly and danger swirls around them.

Overall Rating: 4.3/5  Stars.  One of my fav Authors, so yeah, I enjoyed this.  The sole reason I happened upon this Anthology is that I was searching Christine Zolendz.  I believe this (Heroes) is becoming a new series, called Origins.  The premise is an intriguing one.  It's definitely worth the read.

Story #6 Title:  Breaking Through

Author:  D. Nichole King

BlurbTwo years after her brother Nate died during a Navy operation, aquator Nautia Olson’s nightmares began, and her ability to manipulate water became erratic. Anger, fear, joy, desire—they all trigger disaster.
Now, the Navy wants her for a top-secret mission, but Captain Riley Barton has his reservations. He’s read her file. He knows the damage she’s capable of, and yet—
If he can harness her ability—break through her walls—
She’ll be unstoppable.

Overall Rating:  3.5/5 Stars.  This one started out a little confusing and it was hard to follow, but it quickly improved and I found myself liking it.  Despite, ending on a complete cliffhanger, I might possibly continue with this series.

Story #7 Title: Villain

Author: Cheryl McIntyre

BlurbHow can you tell a hero from a villain?
If you’re Ember Willis and the villain is Lanely Frost, you can’t.

Overall Rating: 4.5/5 Stars.  From the blurb, you really can't tell what this one is about, but it was really good, with no cliffhanger at all.  Well written with interesting characters.  I would definitely read more from this author.