Eve - Anna Carey

Author: Anna Carey

Narration: Tavia Gilbert

Series: Eve Trilogy

Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian

Source: Audio book (Library)

✧✧Why I chose that quote:  Eve is so naive, which isn't entirely her fault, she has lived a sheltered childhood since the plague.  That school she's in is so messed up. She has a lot to learn about life and living.  This quote, to me, embodies that.✧✧

Overall Rating: 3/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating✧

• Plot: 3.5/5  In the beginning it does have a weird twilight zone feel to it.
  • Characters: 3/5
  • Theme: 3/5
  • Flow: 4.5/5  It is well written
  • Originality: 3/5
  • Book Cover: 3/5 It could be better.
  • The Feels: 2.5/5
  • Sex Factor: talk of rape and an attempt of.
  • Narration: 4/5  Some of the her voices do tend to get a little annoying, but her pitch is quite loud, which ultimately makes listening to an audio easier.
  • Ending: 3/5  It's rather abrupt.  Cliffhanger:   Yes..."To be continued"

Will I continue the series: Meh...maybe.  It does look like it might be a little more promising in book 2...

Synopsis:

Sixteen years after a deadly virus wiped out most of Earth's population, the world is a perilous place. Eighteen-year-old Eve has never been beyond the heavily guarded perimeter of her school, where she and two hundred other orphaned girls have been promised a future as the teachers and artists of the New America. But the night before graduation, Eve learns the shocking truth about her school's real purpose and the horrifying fate that awaits her.

Fleeing the only home she's ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Arden, her former rival from school, and Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust... and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.

In this epic new series, Anna Carey imagines a future that is both beautiful and terrifying.

My Thoughts:

Overall, I liked the story, although it seems somewhat overdone.  Maybe, not so overdone in 2011 when it was first published, but I'm late reading this one.  I did find the character of Eve to be very annoying at times.  She was just to childish to be believable and her decision making skills are a little scattered.  She is suppose to be 18, but she acts like she's 12.  Even the cover depicts her as a younger teenage child.  I really like Arden though, maybe if she was heroine...

...I would have been more impressed.