Book Title: Love Always, Kate
Author: D. Nichole King
Narration: Christy Wurzbach
Series: Love Always #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Emotional, Young Adult
Source: I Own Immersion (Kindle/Audio)
✧✧Why I picked that quote: Just because you might be dying, doesn't mean you have to stop living...✧✧
Overall Rating: 4.3/5 Stars
✧Breakdown of Rating✧
- Plot: 4/5 While ultimately sad, it's about living life to the fullest.
- Characters: 4.3/5
- Theme: 4.7/5 "Cancer SUCKS"
- Flow: 4.3/5
- Originality: 4/5
- Book Cover: 4.5/5
- The Feels: 4/5
- Sex Factor: There is sex and it's somewhat explicit. But sometimes life is short and you gotta grab it by the horns so you don't miss out.
- Narration: 4/5 Very well matched for her character, I thought.
- Ending: 4/5 You could pretty much guess the ending... Cliffhanger: No
Will I continue the series: Yeah, I all ready purchased it.
Leukemia’s been my life since I was eleven. Now, six years later, I want my life back. Only I’m not sure what that is. The test results came back today. 22,000. Which means I’m officially out of remission—again. I have three options:
1) Another round of chemo.
2) A super-new experimental drug.
3) Dump it all— forget the meds and treatments and enjoy the time I have left.
I think I know what I want. Then, in walks Damian, changing everything.
I mean, everything…
He’s got his own set of issues. It binds us together, you know? We understand what it’s like to lose what matters most in seconds. Still, the last thing I need is to have someone else to crush if I can’t fight hard enough. And the last thing he needs is someone else to grieve.
Never mind. I’m down to two options now.
Somehow I know that whichever one I choose, the result will be the same. With the sand in my hourglass seeping to the bottom, I hope there’s enough left to show Damian that life’s worth living.
Worth fighting for. Worth dying for.
I discovered this author in the anthology "Beneath the Cape" and I really enjoyed her story in it. I found this book by her and I believe it was free (but maybe, .99). I added immersion for like $2 and gave it a listen. It flowed extremely well, I just made the mistake of looking at the blurb for the second book, so I kind of knew how it was going to end. Either way, I still enjoyed it, the knowing may have made it easier.