Love Always, Kate - D. Nichole King

Author: D. Nichole King

Narration: Christy Wurzbach

Series: Love Always #1

Genre: Contemporary Romance, Emotional, Young Adult

Source: I Own Immersion (Kindle/Audio)

✧✧Why I picked that quote:  Just because you might be dying, doesn't mean you have to stop living...✧✧

Overall Rating: 4.3/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot:  4/5  While ultimately sad, it's about living life to the fullest.
  • Characters:  4.3/5
    • Theme:  4.7/5  "Cancer SUCKS"
  • Flow:  4.3/5
  • Originality:  4/5
  • Book Cover:  4.5/5
  • The Feels:  4/5
  • Sex Factor:  There is sex and it's somewhat explicit.  But sometimes life is short and you gotta grab it by the horns so you don't miss out.
  • Narration:  4/5  Very well matched for her character, I thought.
  • Ending:     4/5  You could pretty much guess the ending...   Cliffhanger:  No

Will I continue the series:  Yeah, I all ready purchased it.

Synopsis:

Dear Diary,
Leukemia’s been my life since I was eleven. Now, six years later, I want my life back. Only I’m not sure what that is. The test results came back today. 22,000. Which means I’m officially out of remission—again. I have three options:

1) Another round of chemo.
2) A super-new experimental drug.
3) Dump it all— forget the meds and treatments and enjoy the time I have left.

I think I know what I want. Then, in walks Damian, changing everything.

I mean, everything…

He’s got his own set of issues. It binds us together, you know? We understand what it’s like to lose what matters most in seconds. Still, the last thing I need is to have someone else to crush if I can’t fight hard enough. And the last thing he needs is someone else to grieve.

Never mind. I’m down to two options now.

Somehow I know that whichever one I choose, the result will be the same. With the sand in my hourglass seeping to the bottom, I hope there’s enough left to show Damian that life’s worth living.

Worth fighting for. Worth dying for.

Love Always,
Kate

My Thoughts:

I discovered this author in the anthology "Beneath the Cape" and I really enjoyed her story in it.  I found this book by her and I believe it was free (but maybe, .99).  I added immersion for like $2 and gave it a listen.  It flowed extremely well, I just made the mistake of looking at the blurb for the second book, so I kind of knew how it was going to end.  Either way, I still enjoyed it, the knowing may have made it easier.