The Infinite Sea (5th Wave) - Rick Yancey

Narration: Phoebe Strole, Ben Yannette

Series: The 5th Wave

Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult,

Source: Audiobook (Library)

✧✧Why I picked that quote:  I love the depth that it has.  It kind of sums up this series for me so far.✧✧

Overall Rating: 3/5

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 2.7/5 If the purpose of The Infinite Sky is too thoroughly confuse me, than maybe this rating should be higher…
  • Characters: 3.7/5  I did like the addition of Razor, he is interesting.
  • Theme: 3.5/5
  • Flow: 2/5 This smacks of being the dreaded second book, where it's mostly just filler between the first and third book.
  • Originality: 3.5/5
  • Book Cover: 3/5  I can't tell what it is, really.
  • The Feels: 3/5
  • Sex Factor: None
  • Narration: 4/5  I tried this book out with audio because I thought it might make things easier when switching between MC's.  It did help that, but it made the inner dialogue inside their heads more difficult to decipher. I think I might switch back to reading for the third book.
  • Ending:   2/5 I'm not sure that it should be called an ending.  Cliffhanger: ???

Will I continue the series: Yes, because it's gotten inside my head and I have to know how it ends.

Synopsis:

How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.

Cassie and her friends haven’t seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate.

My Thoughts:

I hope that the third book will clear up some of my confusion from this book, because that left me feeling like...WTF!