Burying Water - K.A. Tucker

Narration: Josh Goodman & Elizabeth Louise

Series: Burying Water #1

Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Source: AudioBook (Library)

Why I picked that quote:  It encompasses the whole feeling of the story.

Overall Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 4.8/5 I appreciated the way the story unfolded.  Giving just enough to keep you hooked.
  • Characters: 4.7/5 While I really liked Jesse, I felt like I was missing something and I wanted a little more from him.  This was probably my only qualm.
  • Theme: 5/5
  • Flow: 5/5 She really knows how to write a story that pulls a reader right in.
  • Originality: 4.5/5
  • Book Cover: 4.5/5
  • The Feels: 4.3/5 A little (just a smidge) less than awesome.
  • Sex Factor: Mildly sex-plicit
  • Narration: 5/5 Job well done for both narrators
  • Ending:     4.8/5 Cliffhanger: No

Will I continue the series: Yes, I really like KA Tucker.

Synopsis:

Left for dead in the fields of rural Oregon, a young woman defies all odds and survives—but she awakens with no idea who she is, or what happened to her. Refusing to answer to “Jane Doe” for another day, the woman renames herself “Water” for the tiny, hidden marking on her body—the only clue to her past. Taken in by old Ginny Fitzgerald, a crotchety but kind lady living on a nearby horse farm, Water slowly begins building a new life. But as she attempts to piece together the fleeting slivers of her memory, more questions emerge: Who is the next-door neighbor, quietly toiling under the hood of his Barracuda? Why won’t Ginny let him step foot on her property? And why does Water feel she recognizes him?

Twenty-four-year-old Jesse Welles doesn’t know how long it will be before Water gets her memory back. For her sake, Jesse hopes the answer is never. He knows that she’ll stay so much safer—and happier—that way. And that’s why, as hard as it is, he needs to keep his distance. Because getting too close could flood her with realities better left buried.

The trouble is, water always seems to find its way to the surface.

My Thoughts:

K.A. Tucker can really write a compelling story, that draws you in and makes you feel what the characters are feeling.  Regardless of the feeling that I was missing something from Jesse; I still feel this way about her writing.