Hollywood Dirt - Alessandra Torre

Author: Alessandra Torre

Series: Stand Alone

Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Source: Own on Kindle

♥♥Why I picked that quote:  Well it was between two different quotes and that was the shorter one.  So, it made the cut.  The longer one goes...

"In small towns, there are two types of secrets:  the kind that we pull together as a mini-nation to protect, and the juicy.   The juicy things don't stay quiet.  They aren't meant to.  They are a small town's sole source of entertainment, the morsels of fat that keep us all healthy."

...and the reason I like both of these quotes is they both convey the feisty southern charm that is this book.♥♥

Overall Rating: 4.7/5

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 5/5 Loved the whole idea of this story.
  • Characters: 5/5 I loved all of them.  I especially loved Summer, she's sweet and feisty.  You don't want to get on her bad side though.
  • Theme: 5/5 ♥
  • Flow: 4/5 My only qualm with this book is with the flow. I found myself rereading some sentences just to figure out what it was suppose to say.  I had this same issue when reading Black Lies by this same Author. Maybe, it's just me, though.
  • Book Cover: 3.5/5  Meh, not so crazy about the cover.  It could have been better.
  • The Feels: 5+/5 The feels were off the charts…♥♥♥
  • Sex Factor: Yes, but it's not over done at all...there is a lot of "R rated" kind of talk.
  • Ending:     5/5 ♥ Cliffhanger: No

Will I read more from this Author: Yes, my issue with the writing is not enough to keep me from reading more from her.

Synopsis:

Cole Masten. Abandoned by his superstar wife, Hollywood’s Perfect Husband is now Hollywood’s Sexiest Bachelor: partying hard and screwing even harder. Watch out Los Angeles, there's a new bad boy in town.

Summer Jenkins. That’s me, a small town girl stuck in Quincy, Georgia. I cook some mean chicken and dumplins, can bluff a grown man out of his savings in poker, and was voted Most Friendly my senior year.

We were from different worlds. Our lives shouldn’t have collided. But then Cole Masten read a book about my small town. And six months later, his jet landed on our dusty airstrip, and he brought Hollywood with him.

From the start, I knew he was trouble. For our town. And for me.

Sometimes, opposites just aren’t meant to attract.

My Thoughts:

Summer and Cole's story is a seriously sweet story, but not sickly sweet.  The good kind of sweet.  If you ever fantasized about a hot actor, somehow meeting you and wanting you, then you'll love this story.