Stepbrother Dearest - Penelope Ward

Author: Penelope Ward
Series: Stand Alone
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: Own on Kindle

♥♥Why I picked that quote:  The heart wants what the heart wants...♥♥

Overall Rating: 4.3/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

Plot: 4.3/5 While initially, I was freaked out by the idea of this, especially that first initial hook-up. Taboo romance isn't really my thing. All and all it played out really well.
Characters: 4/5 When Elec was a douche, he was the ultimate douche. When he was a good guy though…he can be really sweet.
Theme: 3.8/5
Flow: 5/5
Originality: 4/5 There is a million of these stepbrother romances…first one I read, though.  Not sure I want to read any of the other ones out there.
Book Cover: 4.5/5
The Feels: 4.8/5   She can write some "get-to-ya" kind of scenes.
Sex Factor: Some (but not too much) explicit sex.
Ending: 4.8/5 I really liked the ending.  I love the way Penelope Ward worked Elec's POV into the story.  Cliffhanger: No

Will I read more from this Author: This is the first book I read by Penelope Ward and I will read more by her.

Synopsis:

You’re not supposed to want the one who torments you.

When my stepbrother, Elec, came to live with us my senior year, I wasn’t prepared for how much of a jerk he’d be.

I hated that he took it out on me because he didn’t want to be here.
I hated that he brought girls from our high school back to his room.
But what I hated the most was the unwanted way my body reacted to him.

At first, I thought all he had going for him were his rock-hard tattooed abs and chiseled face. Then, things started changing between us, and it all came to a head one night.

Just as quickly as he’d come into my life, he was gone back to California.

It had been years since I’d seen Elec.

When tragedy struck our family, I’d have to face him again.

And holy hell, the teenager who made me crazy was now a man that drove me insane.

I had a feeling my heart was about to get broken again.

My Thoughts:

Taboo is not my thing, but I thought; if the story is done right, then it might not be so bad.  For the most part, this was done right.  It's not like they are actually related.

Now that would be gross...ewwww!