Promise Me Once - Paige Weaver

Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance, Apocalyptic
Publisher: Paige Weaver LLC
Source: Own on Kindle

✧✧✧✧✧✧Why I picked that quote✧✧✧✧✧✧

I think every woman just wants a guy who makes her name sound like he was tasting it on his tongue.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Overall Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

Plot: 4.7/5 I wanted something more...just a little.
Character: 5/5 Love, love, love Cash, and Cat is feisty and angsty and sequentially in need of some serious love.
Theme: 5/5
Flow: 5/5
Originality: 5/5 For the Promise Series as a whole.
Book Cover: 5/5
The Feels: 5/5 Oh yeah, all the feels...
Sex Factor: Yes, but her sex scenes are just so SEXY.
Ending: 4/5 The last 20% of this book goes to someplace really peculiar, and I'm reluctant but ultimately anxious to see where the story is going.   Cliffhanger: Yes!!!  Seriously, you did it again. I'm not sure that I like that

Will I continue the series: Yes, I have too…would love a date as to when Promise Me Forever is coming out.

Synopsis:

A race for survival and love.

Once with him was never enough.

I am the girl you dislike. The girl you snub at parties. I am the one who flirts with men and knows no boundaries. I am the one you whisper about. The one who has no rules. I am the one who takes and uses without any regret or excuses.

On the outside I am perfect. I have money, looks, and a personality that makes people stand up and take notice, but on the inside I am broken and hurting.

Then I met Cash Marshall.

He wasn’t what I needed, but I wanted him anyway. It was Cash’s carved, muscular body I thought about. It was his cool, confident touch I craved. I swore he would only be a one-night stand, another distraction to take away the pain.

But then our world changed.

Our story is not about love. Love is pretty and sweet and full of niceties. Those no longer exist. Our story is about finding each other again in a world gone crazy. It’s about surviving the impossible when war ravaged our land. It’s about saving each other from the darkness and finding out just how strong we could be.

And maybe, just maybe, along the way, we’ll find love…

Once and for all.

My Thoughts:

They bill this book as a stand alone, but in my opinion you won't get the full effect of this story unless you have read the first two books in the series.  You won't get to know the Cash from Maddie and Ryder's story, and you would be missing out.

I've read quite a few apocalyptic books; and a part of me is freaked the fuck out by the thought of an EMP going off.  I can't seem to help reading them, though.  I'm just sucked in by them.  This series is different.  That's because they have a strong romance element to them.  I really like that part of this series, it softens the blow, so to speak of the harshness of "the end of the world as we know it" aspect to these stories.