Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2) - Moira Young

Author: Moira Young

Narration: Heather Lind

Series: Dust Lands #2

Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian

Publisher: For the book: Margaret K. McElderry Books---For the Audio Version: Simon and Schuster Audio

Source: Audiobook (Library)

✧✧✧Why I picked that quote:  With the way this series is written (with it's weird dialect), I seriously don't think I could have read this series, so I'm really glad I decided to listen to it on Audio.  So, back to the why...any quote would have made that point, this one seemed like it had some truth to it.✧✧✧

Overall Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 3.3/5 There is definitely a plot twist, that you won't see coming until it smacks you in the face, and your like…WTF just happened. Did that really happen???
  • Characters: 4.2/5 Jeez, I hope we find out in Raging Star what happened to Lugh at Freedom Fields, because he is such a cranky ass.
  • Theme: 3.5/5 It's going down-hill for me…
  • Flow: 4.7/5 The flow is super with the awesome narration.
  • Originality: 4/5
  • Book Cover: 4/5   It's not ugly. It's very Yellow.
  • The Feels: 4/5
  • Sex Factor: Non explicit sex
  • Narration: 6+ Stars…It's possible, the reason I do like this series, is because of the outstanding narration of Heather Lind.
  • Ending:     4.2/5 Holy confusion!!!   Cliffhanger: It's kind of cliffy…

Will I continue the series: Yes, for sure.

Synopsis:

Saba thought her world would return to normal after they defeated the Tonton and rescued her kidnapped brother Lugh. The family head west for a better life and a longed-for reunion with Jack. But a formidable enemy is on the rise. What is the truth about Jack? And how far will Saba go to get what she wants?

My Thoughts:

Well, that synopsis is a short one, but sometimes those are the best kind...

Rebel Heart starts where Blood Red Road leaves off and it's moves fairly slow for at least the first half and then you get some action scenes, some new characters and new developments.  Saba, does some soul searching in this one and I'm not sure I like some of her decisions, but I'm willing to give her a chance to right some wrongs with Raging Star.