Bury Me - Tara Sivec

Series:  Stand Alone

Genre:  Mystery, Thriller

Source:  Own on Kindle

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Why I picked that quote:  It really sets the theme of this whole book…

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

4stars

Overall Rating:  4/5 mind-completely-fucked Stars

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 4/5  Deeply disturbing at times, but still intensely riveting.  The pacing was fierce.
  • Characters: 4/5  Oddly likable…and unlikable at the same time.
  • Theme: 2/5  Not sure that this book is going for a good theme and all…
  • Flow: 5/5  Reads really well, I couldn’t put it down for the last half of the book.
  • Originality: 5/5  I’ve never read anything like this.
  • Book Cover: 3/5  It’s OK, it could have been better.
  • The Feels: 5/5. Not the lovey dovey kind though.
  • Sex Factor: Not really any.
  • Ending:   3.5/5  Freaked me out…that prologue was seriously demented.   Cliffhanger: No
  • Will I read more from this author:  I’ve read on other’s reviews that this is not her usual kind of genre, so I might.

Synopsis:

I hear screams in my head.
I see blood on my hands.
When I look in the mirror I see a stranger.

How is it that I can remember bits and pieces of my life, but nothing of any importance and nothing that makes any sense? Everything is twisted and nothing is right. I’m choking with every breath I take, suffocating on the unknown.

Two days ago, everything changed. Two days ago, the people I should trust the most became strangers in my convoluted head. The dreams I have can’t be real. The fleeting memories that whisper through my mind are scary and wrong…they have to be. If they aren’t, I have something much worse to fear than my fractured mind. I need to find out the truth, even if it destroys me.

I’ve been told my name is Ravenna Duskin. I’m eighteen years old and I live in a prison…

My Thoughts:

I really didn’t know what I was getting myself into with this book, the synopsis made it seem like it was different than my usual fare…and in that aspect it was.  I found it a little freaky and I’m not sure how I feel about it as a whole.  That’s why my stars have a special name (mind-completely-fucked).