Queen of Someday - Sherry D. Ficklin

Genre: Young Adult, Historical Romance
Publisher: Clean Teen Publishing
Source: Own on Kindle

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Why I chose that quote: Who doesn’t love a good quote about the joys of escaping inside a good book?
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Overall Rating: 4.3/5 Stars

110415_2210_Flippinkind2.png

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 4.2/5 Oh…the intrigue, the dastardly deeds of royalty, it was quite imaginative.
  • Characters: 4.5/5
  • Theme: 4/5
  • Flow: 4.5/5 The story flowed right off my kindle…only some minor issues.
  • Originality: 4/5
  • Book Cover: 5/5
  • The Feels: 4/5 There are people who say this is a love triangle or should I say square, but I don’t see it that way…it’s really all about the scheming.  A historical Russian soap opera, if you will.
  • Sex Factor: Some non-explicit sex.
  • Ending: 4.5/5 The ending is quite the twist…  Cliffhanger:  No, to be continued…and I’m looking forward to beginning the second book soon.

Will I continue the series:  Yes

Synopsis:

Before she can become the greatest empress in history, fifteen-year-old Sophie will have to survive her social-climbing mother’s quest to put her on the throne of Russia—at any cost. Imperial Court holds dangers like nothing Sophie has ever faced before. In the heart of St. Petersburg, surviving means navigating the political, romantic, and religious demands of the bitter Empress Elizabeth and her handsome, but sadistic nephew, Peter. Determined to save her impoverished family—and herself—Sophie vows to do whatever is necessary to thrive in her new surroundings. But an attempt on her life and an unexpected attraction threatens to derail her plans. Alone in a new and dangerous world, learning who to trust and who to charm may mean the difference between becoming queen and being sent home in shame to marry her lecherous uncle. With traitors and murderers lurking around every corner, her very life hangs in the balance. Betrothed to one man but falling in love with another, Sophie will need to decide how much she’s willing to sacrifice in order to become the empress she is destined to be. In a battle for the soul of a nation, will love or destiny reign supreme?

My Thoughts:

This kindle book came with something that I never before experienced in a eBook, it had little video’s throughout the story that explained the differences between what history says transpired and what occurred in her version of Catherine the Great’s story.  It was a nice little bonus.

I enjoyed this story immensely, I think if you liked the Luxe Series than you might like this too.