Easy  (Contours of the Heart #1) - Tammara Webber

Author:  Tammara Webber

Series:  Contours of the Heart #1

Genre:  New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Publisher:  Penguin Berkley

Source:  Kindle book (library)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Why I picked that quote:  Have you ever had a guy break up with you, and after he realizes you’ve moved on; he then wants to have a talk about maybe getting back together…it’s a typical guy move.  Seriously, though it feels so good to tell them…fat chance of that happening.  Sorry.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Overall Rating 4/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 4.2/5 I felt the near rape in this book was dealt with realistically, whereas some others felt it wasn’t.
  • Characters: 5/5  Down to earth characters.  To me, they are accurately portrayed as twenty somethings.  Erin, is one my favorite supporting characters.
  • Theme: 5/5
  • Flow: 4/5  I had to reread some passages, just to figure out what was going on.
  • Originality: 5/5
  • Book Cover: 3/5  This particular couple is way overdone, they are on so many covers.
  • The Feels: 2/5  I felt the romance could have been a little more developed.
  • Sex Factor: somewhat explicit sex
  • Ending: 5/5   Cliffhanger:  No

Will I continue the series:  The ending to this felt like an actual ending, but I’ve seen a second book with both Lucas and Jacqueline in it.  (I really don’t like that sort of continuation…I mean what; is something bad going to happen to them and/or their relationship is now in question, ugh…)

Synopsis:

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex’s frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night – but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he’s hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.

My Thoughts:

This is one of those books, where it seems I’m the only one who hasn’t read it yet, I’m not sure why it took me so long to get around to it, either.  I’m glad I finally got around to it.  Easy was a quick, enjoyable read.