Claimed (Servants of Fate Book 2) - Sarah Fine

Genre:  Paranormal Romance, Dystopian

Publisher:  47North

Source:  Own Audible/Kindle Immersion

✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾

Why I picked that quote:  From the spoken to the unspoken elements it shows the sweetness of Declan and Galena’s story, which is what makes this story good and it’s also what makes it kind of bad.   If that makes any sense?

✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾

Overall Rating:  4/5 Stars

✯✯✯✯

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 4/5  I felt something was missing, maybe it's the world building that is lacking, because we got all that and more in Marked.  I think, maybe, it seemed like old news by the time I got to Claimed.
  • Characters: 2/5  They were sweet albeit a little boring.  I do think it’s good that Galena and Declan have their story, though.  The sweet, damaged sister of Eli and the strong, dependable brother of Cacy.  It’s tough not to appreciate that.
  • The Feels: 5/5  I’m not sure why, but they were lacking, maybe it was the narration. I’m going to nit-pick something in this series so far that really irritates me.   The constant references to their smells, they just sound like they smell icky, like she’s trying to glorify the stench of BO.  It always threw me off, because there isn’t anything sexy about BO.  Not to me, anyway.
  • Theme: 4/5
  • Flow: 4/5
  • Originality: 5/5
  • Book Cover: 1/5  I really do not like it, the colors, and the creepy face…are just ewww…it's probably why it took me so long to read this one.
  • Sex Factor: Explicit Sex…but not overdone.
  • Narration: She was acceptable as the voice of Galena, but I really wish they would have had a guy for the voice of Declan.
  • Ending: 3/5  Cliffhanger:  Yeah…

Will I continue the series:  Yes

Synopsis:

Galena Margolis, a brilliant scientist with a tragic past, is determined to fulfill her destiny and develop the vaccine that could save millions. Yet when Galena’s test subjects meet with foul play, it’s clear that someone is still determined to stop her, and that Galena herself is a target. As the Ferry empire forges a plan to keep her safe, Declan Ferry, the politics-hating black sheep of the family, steps forward to protect her—but the emotional cost may be more than either of them is willing to pay.

As unknown enemies close in, it becomes terrifyingly clear that they threaten to destroy not only Galena’s lifesaving work but also the very fabric of fate. As Galena and Declan race to uncover the traitor, they also forge a special bond that could save both Galena and those she’s sworn to help. Torn apart by the past and hunted by those she trusted, can Galena find room amidst her fears for a passion that could make her stronger than ever? And even if she and Declan can find their way together, will it be enough to keep the future from coming apart at the seams?

My Thoughts:

This dystopian-like world that Sarah Fine has created in The Servants of Fate series is so hypnotic, the intricate and diabolical elements have hooked me.  I really enjoyed Marked.  And Claimed left me underwhelmed, so I hope Fated will step up and blow me away again.  I am intrigued by the thought of Aislin and Moros as a couple.