Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird) - Claudia Gray

Genre:  Young Adult, Science Fiction

Publisher:  Book-Harper Teen, Audiobook-Harper Collins

Source:  Audiobook (Library)

☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄

Why I picked that quote:  This is quote about living with losing someone you love very much, someone who is vital to your own existence.  How it changes you, makes you different than what you were, because you’re carrying that extra weight, so to speak on you.

☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄

Overall Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 5/5  The intricacies of the different dimensions, this book makes you think about life, love and the pursuit of happiness in a curious manner.
  • Characters: 5/5  These characters have really come alive for me, I feel like I know them, personally.
  • The Feels: 5/5  If you hate love triangles then you’re not going to like where this book goes with it, if anything, it exploits it more than the first book.  I personally don’t mind a love triangle, if it’s genuine.  If it doesn’t come off as contrived exclusively for the sake of the story.  I believe the former is accomplished in this book.
  • Theme: 5/5
  • Flow: 8/5  There were scenes in this that I didn't understand why they were in the book at all, but then by the end, it all started making sense.  Everything is connected.
  • Originality: 4/5
  • Book Cover: 5/5  There is a thought that Marguerite has when she is leaving one dimension for another where she says the scenery around her starts to fade like a watercolor.  So, very well done.
  • Sex Factor: No actual sex in this story but it is spoken of.
  • Narration: 5/5  She has become the voice of Marguerite for me.  I’ve listened to both books on audio and I will also listen to third one.  It just wouldn’t be the same if I didn’t.
  • Ending: 5/5     While delivering some closure for the main plot focus, it brilliantly sets up the third book in the series.  Cliffhanger:  Very much so.
  • Will I continue the series?  Yes!!!  Can't wait…

Synopsis:

Ever since she used the Firebird, her parents' invention, to cross into alternate dimensions, Marguerite has caught the attention of enemies who will do anything to force her into helping them dominate the multiverse—even hurting the people she loves. She resists until her boyfriend, Paul, is attacked and his consciousness scattered across multiple dimensions.

Marguerite has no choice but to search for each splinter of Paul’s soul. The hunt sends her racing through a war-torn San Francisco, the criminal underworld of New York City, and a glittering Paris where another Marguerite hides a shocking secret. Each world brings Marguerite one step closer to rescuing Paul. But with each trial she faces, she begins to question the destiny she thought they shared.

My Thoughts:

This series is insanely thought provoking, totally mind-blowing and genuinely worthy of all the praise that it gets.  All the inter-dimension traveling makes for a completely gratifying reading experience.  I highly recommend it, if you like YA, even if you absolutely hate love triangles.