Water & Storm Country (The Country Saga) - David Estes

Genre:  Young Adult, Dystopian, Adventure

Publisher:  CreateSpace

Source:  Own on Kindle

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

Why I picked that quote:  The best part about this book is having Siena in it, she is hands down one of my favorite heroine’s ever, and I could never forget about Perry…

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

Overall Rating: 4/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 5/5.  2.5 stars for the first half and closer to 4.5 for the last half.  It started out really slow, but improved the further I got into it.  I also really didn’t like the way it switched between the two different storylines, for each chapter break.  Even though I understand why it was done that way, it still annoys me.
  • Characters: 5/5.  Initially, I didn't really connect with Huck.  But, he developed as the story went on.  Jade really had a lot to do with that, though.  I liked Sadie, I just never fully connected with her the way I usually do with this author’s characters.
  • The Feels: 8/5.
  • Flow: 5/5.
  • Originality: 5/5  This series deserves more readers.
  • Sex Factor: None
  • Ending: 5/5.  Closure for the Water & Storm Countries, but a nice lead into the next book, Earth Dwellers.  Cliffhanger:  Yeah…

Will I continue the series?  Oh Yeah

Synopsis:

Huck Jones, the son of the admiral of the Soaker fleet, has a legacy to live up to. Haunted by the distorted memories of his mother's untimely death, he must face his demons and the man who raised him as he strives to take the courageous step forward into manhood. When he's transferred to the worst-performng ship in the fleet, everything he believes is called into question when he meets a lowly brown-skinned bilge rat girl. Huck walks a deadly rope...

Meanwhile, Sadie, destined to be a Rider in the Stormer army, seeks to avenge her brother's death at the hands of the Soakers. Trained hard by her mother, an experienced Rider, Sadie knows strength and determination more than most. Her father, a Man of Wisdom, has shown his cowardice more times than she can count. As her world and family fall apart, she must cast aside her anger and focus on the wisdom she's always brushed off as foolishness.

Amidst everything, a Plague ravages all, discriminating against no one.

When four worlds collide, lines will be drawn, sides will be chosen, victory will be sought. Death will be wrought. The mysteries of the Cure for the deadly Plague will be uncovered. Who will survive? And what will those who do learn about themselves and the ones they love?

My Thoughts:

Thank goodness, the group from Fire and Ice Countries showed up in this book, they saved it for me.  I do love Siena.  Overall, I still love this series, and by that I mean both the Dwellers Saga and the Country Saga.  Only one more book to go…and I wrap up both series. Yay!!!  Looking forward to Earth Dwellers, I’ve missed Tristan and Adele.