Promise Me Always - Kari March

This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of AudiobookBlast dot com.

Book Title:  Promise Me Always

Author:  Kari March

Narration:  Melissa Barr

Series:  Always Series #1

Genre:  New Adult

Source:  Audiobook via Audiobook Blast

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Why I picked that quote:  This is so true, and I go on and tell you the story of why I know this to be true, but that's a long story, or something like that.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Overall Rating:  3.5/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 3.8/5 This started out with some really cheesy moments, but eventually there were some things that I could really relate too. So, I liked the middle, but by the end it fell kind of flat for me.
  • Characters: 8/5  The cheesy moments made it difficult for me to connect with them fully.  The supporting characters were decent, though.
  • The Feels: 5/5
  • Theme: 3/5
  • Flow: 4/5
  • Originality: 3/5  Fairly predictable NA romance.
  • Book Cover: 4/5
  • Sex Factor: Yes, and it got tedious by the end, when they just kept doing it with full detail.
  • Narration: 4/5  I wish they would have had a guy narrating for Blake’s pov.  She did give a good effort for distinguishing between the two different pov’s.
  • Ending: 3/5  I think I might have appreciated the ending more if I had been a little more invested in the characters…otherwise it was too lengthy.  Cliffhanger:  No

Will I continue the series?  Meh, I don't know…

Synopsis:

Blake Bentley had a rough upbringing, never fully believing he was good enough for anything or anyone. After being left with a broken heart by his only girlfriend, Blake swore off relationships for good and turned to the only two things that made him feel sufficient - sex and firefighting.

Tessa Collins was brought up in the traditional 'perfect' family - loving parents, great sister, and amazing friends. After falling in love with Jared, her life was perfect - until he betrayed her. She has no idea that his betrayal could end up costing her more than just a shattered heart.

Blake and Tessa have been friends since high school. Never wanting to admit their attraction for each other, the two always remained close friends. Now, three years later, Blake and Tessa find themselves being pulled together by a force much greater than friendship.

Blake and Tessa have promised to be friends forever, but as fate pulls them together, they embark on a roller coaster ride of a lifetime. Will his self doubt and her insecurities keep them apart? Or will they be able to promise each other always?

My Thoughts:

This story deals with a couple of subjects that I was able to really identify with, one is jealousy to the point that someone becomes physically hurt.  I’ve been in a similar situation, and I don’t know that I could have forgiven him.  I don’t feel like it was resolved effectively, and it was mostly swept under the rug.  The other is stalking, with this, I feel the author was spot on with the details of it.