November 9: A Novel - Colleen Hoover

Genre:  New Adult

Publisher:  Book: Atria Books. Audio:  Simon & Schuster Audio

Source:  Audiobook (Library)

999999999999999

Why I picked that quote:  One of the aspects of this story that I really liked is the references to book tropes and how it takes some and shows why they are commonly used, because sometimes they actually are a part of life.  A book trope is not necessarily an evil that should be avoided.

999999999999999

Overall Rating:  5/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 5/5  -I really enjoyed the unique approach she used when telling this story.  The twists, the references to insta-love and alpha males were so spot on.  I think Coho may have made insta-love doable.  Of course, I've always believed if it's done right, then it could happen.
  • Characters: 5/5 -Colleen Hoover has a way of creating these characters that you can’t help but love.
  • The Feels: 5/5  -Wow, the angst in this one…
  • Theme: 5/5  Love will find a way.
  • Flow: 5/5
  • Originality: 5/5  -So unique, so enthralling.
  • Book Cover: 5/5
  • Sex Factor: Yes but not explicit
  • Narration: 5/5  -They were excellent, they became the voices of Ben and Fallon, flawlessly.
  • Ending: 5/5  -Loved it…  Cliffhanger: No
  • Will I read more from this author?  Of Course

Synopsis:

Beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover returns with an unforgettable love story between a writer and his unexpected muse.

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

My Thoughts:

It is reasonable to say that I am captivated by everything this woman writes, she has a way with words that just pulls you in, there is no flowery prose, just plain speaking and I love that about her writing.

All I can say is…what's comes next???