Tangled - Emma Chase

Author:  Emma Chase

Series:  Tangled #1

Genre:  Contemporary Romance, Sex-plicit

Publisher:  Gallery Books

Source:  Kindle E-book (Library)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Why I picked that quote: It’s a good lead in to this quote…

“I like the word fuck. It implies a certain level of heat. Passion. And it’s specific. If Congress had asked Bill Clinton if he fucked Monica Lewinski, there wouldn’t have been any question about just what the hell they were talking about, now, would there?”

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Overall Rating: 5/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 5/5 -I really loved the way this was told with Drew narrating, like he was telling us the story in person.  The story played out smashingly.
  • Characters: 5/5 -Drew is, well he's an asshole, a player, but he's an honest one.  Kate is loyal, sweet and just what Drew needed to bring him to his knees.  The supporting characters were great too, especially Mackenzie.

"She talks like you. It's not every day you hear a four-year-old say Prince Charming is a douche bag who's only holding Cinderella back."

• The Feels: 5/5
  • Theme: 5/5
  • Flow: 5/5
  • Originality: 5/5  -It was a unique way of telling a story, and I like something different.
  • Book Cover: 5/5
  • Sex Factor: 5/5 -I don't usually rate the sex, but wow.  No over-the-top lame-ass words used for specific body parts, here.
  • Ending: 5/5   Cliffhanger:  No

Will I continue the series?  Yes, I loved this Authors way of thinking…

Synopsis:

Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed?

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating.

Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life?

Can Drew Evans win at love?

Tangled is not your mother’s romance novel. It is an outrageous, passionate, witty narrative about a man who knows a lot about women…just not as much as he thinks he knows. As he tells his story, Drew learns the one thing he never wanted in life, is the only thing he can’t live without.

My Thoughts:

Just like the synopsis says this isn't your mother's romance novel, it's got bite and its way juicier.  It made me laugh out loud and the sex scenes were some of the hottest I’ve ever read.  If you’re offended by a guy who is full of himself and not afraid to tell it like it is, then Drew might be too much for you, but for me he was delicious.