Eve and Adam - -Macmillan Audio-, Michael Grant, Katherine Applegate, Jenna Lamia, Holter Graham

Book Title:  Eve and Adam

Author:  Katherine Applegate & Michael Grant

Narration:  Jenna Lamia & Holter Graham

Series:  Eve and Adam #1 (according to goodreads)

Genre:  Younger YA, Science Fiction, Splash of Romance

Publisher:  Macmillan Young Listeners

Source:  Audiobook (Library)

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

Why I picked that quote:  It’s kind of how I feel about this book in general, except the only thing they got right is the cover, because it's amazingly cool.

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

Overall Rating:  3/5 Stars

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 3/5  This story starts out feeling rather childish, and I know it is YA and I would classify it younger YA. It still was an OK read, though.
  • Characters: 4/5  The two MC's are likable, but something was missing for me…
  • The Feels: 3/5 Does annoyance count???
  • Theme: 4/5  Overall, it tries, and mostly succeeds to have a worthy message.
  • Flow: 5/5
  • Originality: 3/5
  • Book Cover: 5/5  I was lured in because of this amazing cover.
  • Sex Factor: None
  • Narration: 5/5
  • Ending: 3/5  The climax at the ending confused me, I think something was off with it.  I was left thinking that something was skipped over.   Cliffhanger:  Not really, but it could have had a more defined closure.

Will I continue the series?  I don't know that there is another one…Goodreads makes it seem like there is, but I don't see #2 out there yet; and this was published in 2012. So…go figure. I guess it’s no big loss really.

Synopsis:

With Eve and Adam, authors Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant team up to create a thrilling story.

In the beginning, there was an apple –

And then there was a car crash, a horrible injury, and a hospital. But before Evening Spiker's head clears a strange boy named Solo is rushing her to her mother's research facility. There, under the best care available, Eve is left alone to heal.

Just when Eve thinks she will die – not from her injuries, but from boredom—her mother gives her a special project: Create the perfect boy.

Using an amazingly detailed simulation, Eve starts building a boy from the ground up. Eve is creating Adam. And he will be just perfect . . . won't he?

My Additional Thoughts:

This story could have been so much better; it has the elements to be so…it just fell somewhat flat for me.