The Suicide Club - Gayle Wilson

Series:  Stand Alone

Genre:  Mystery, Romantic Suspense

Publisher:  Mira Books

Source:  E-Book (Library

Well, it's not really a quote just my feelings, I forgot to see if I highlighted anything while reading this and I already returned it to the library.  Oops!

Breakdown of Rating

• Plot: 4.3/5 Intriguing premise, I thought from the synopsis that I had this figured out, but it surprised me.  I really found the mystery of it, fairly riveting.
  • Characters: 3/5  Lindsey, was mostly likable,  I just didn't connect with her fully.  Jace, was a little weird at times, maybe if we were in his head more often, I would have felt differently.
  • The Feels: 3/5  They were a rather absent for me, and I wanted more passion from them.  The romance seemed like something that just happened but wasn’t really going anywhere.
  • Theme: 4/5
  • Flow: 4/5
  • Originality: 5/5  For me…it was very original.
  • Book Cover: 4/5
  • Sex Factor: Yes, mostly non explicit.
  • Ending: 5/5  The direction that ending took was intense and sadly a very prevalent occurrence these days.   I was engrossed till the end.   Cliffhanger:  No

Will I read more from this Author?  I'm not opposed to it.

Synopsis:

Lindsey Sloan teaches the best and brightest students at Randolph-Lowen High School—exceptional teens with promising futures far from their small Alabama hometown. So when brash detective Jace Nolan arrives from up north and accuses her kids of setting a series of fires in local black churches, Lindsey is furious.

No matter how Jace tries to convince her, Lindsey can't believe her pupils could do something so horrible, let alone be addicted to the rush of getting away with it. But when her attraction to Jace places her in mortal danger and people begin dying, Lindsey can no longer be sure just what her students are capable of.

If Jace is right, it's up to the two of them to outsmart these criminal minds—before they carry out the ultimate thrill-kill.

My Additional Thoughts:

I was looking for a book title with the letters C, C and B in it for a reading challenge, I wasn't having any luck with anything I had on my TBR so I looked at some posts from other people in the challenge and came across this book, it sounded interesting, I requested it at my library, and hey…I found something I wouldn't have normally found otherwise…this is why I love reading challenges.