Learning to Live - Kira Adams

Series:  Infinite Love #1

Genre:  Young Adult/New Adult, Emotional

Publisher:  Self Published

Source:  NetGalley Arc

This is her answer to Topher when he asks why she didn't look anyone in the eyes, at school.  To me, it speaks of Ciera's resilience, her ability to adapt to her situation.  She's pretty tuff…and amazing.

• Plot:  4.8/5  A sweetly satisfying romance, it was sad but ultimately gratifying to see how profoundly Ciera affects Topher.
  • Characters:  4.5/5  Ciera and Topher were amazing. I think that some of the bullying that Ciera goes through seems over the top…like no one can be that horrible to somebody just because they're poor.  Can they?
  • The Feels:  5/5
  • Theme:  5/5  It did make me cry…the beauty of this is in its message.
  • Flow: 4.5/5  Just a few small glitches.
  • Originality:  4/5
  • Book Cover:  3/5
  • Sex Factor:  Yes, but not explicit
  • Ending:  5/5  Cliffhanger:  No

Will I continue the series?  Maybe

Ciera Nelson wants what any other outcast wants, invisibility. If she can just make it through the rest of her year with minor incidents and a head held low she will be able to put the hell hole they call school in her rearview. Unfortunately, life has different plans for her.

Topher Carlson is one of the biggest jocks on campus. All the guys want to be him, all the girls want to claim him. When secrets are uncovered, Topher’s life spins wildly out of control.

They are far from friends when the school year begins, but each will impact the other’s life in ways they never dreamed possible. Can Ciera help Topher realize that popularity and status mean nothing in the real world? Can Topher help Ciera learn the true meaning of living?

Sometimes you have to let go to really live. Sometimes being alive means taking risks.

This book truly moved me and I will remember it for some time to come.  It's hard to say anything about this book without giving away the ending, but I tried.  It's well worth the read.

ARC of Learning To Live graciously provided via NETGALLEY in exchange for an honest review!